2014 was awesome and in fact I am not too sure how it can get better this 2015 but that is not just for me to find out but also for me to create because the future is always in our hands.
The last month of 2014 was an interesting one. I spent the month traveling and also a lot of couple time with the wife given her long holiday. I did not party much despite year end being the month of parties and neither did I attend much events. I got a bit tired of attending events just for the sake of "giving face" or being seen. I just want simple happyness with the family. We also spent a fair bit of time doing "couple" stuff. Even in my context it doesn't means sex around the clock. Couple stuff like meeting other couple, talking about having kids, running errand, getting gifts for family and watching video at home etc. Was I happy? Yes I was but at the end of 1 month I wanted a little bit more of social. I wanted to maybe meet some old single friends, some party animals and get a drink or two.
So I went out and look at these party people last night. Dancing, drinking, flirting, spending money on girls etc and I can't stop thinking. What makes people happy? Happyness changes from time to time? What do you want in each stage of life? Can we judge what makes people happy? Can we say that party people are wasting their life and money? Can they say that couple times are boring? What do we really want ultimately? Power? Fame? Money? Do good? or simply take over the world?
Such thoughts bug me from time to time, trying to get into people's head and wonder what are they thinking and also get into my own. What makes me happy? What makes me really happy? There are days that I just want to hang around at home in my boxers and let everything hang loose but there are days I just want to party and get drunk. Can I do all these and be happy as a person? Can I adapt and embrace?
I guess I can say that I am generally happy on a daily basis. I do not sleep in fear, I have a happy family and I have a decent job but do I want more? So is happyness about being contented with what you have? Does being contented means the lack of will to fight for more?
What is happyness to me? The ability to be yourself.
Ah Beng Squat
We spent so much time pretending who we are not to impress people we don't really know. One thing that I am very glad and happy is with the fact that how people around me accept or live with who I am. I guess that is the biggest gift one can give you. Not asking you to change, not judging you and not telling you what is right or wrong.
"no Smith, you can't say this."
"no Smith, doing this is not right"
"no Smith, squatting around is ugly"
So why did I started this squatting around? I mean besides the fact that I really can't take a proper picture but it was also started as a form of satire. I am sick of how pretentious people get on Social Media. Like my
So why are we doing all these? Because we wanna be cool? Seems cool? To deny who we really are? But why? Why must we do things we don't like to impress people we don't care? Must we always seek for validation from others?
|Still one of my favourite quote.|
I can't remember why the movie title "Pursuit of Happyness" was spelt that way but I decide to use this as well. Because the fact that everybody's Happyness should be different. You like it the "right" way, I like it the Y way. As long as it makes me Happy. Right?
So, what makes you happy?
Signing off with my current ear worm from the interview. KIMMY YOU'RE A FIRE WORK~
TL;DR: I'm happy, you should be too. Stop being an ass and let other dictate what happyness is to you.
On a totally unrelated note...
I was having this conversation like almost close to a million times with people around me no thanks to GC and NN saga. So I thought I shall just share a little especially for people who ain't in the industry.
Who are these GC and NN? Are they like some advertising agency?
1. GC and NN are like talent agency some what. If it is easier for you, they are some sort like Mediacorp and Fly Entertainment. They hold a group of talent under their wings and provide talent services.
What about you leh? You from any of these agency?
2. People like myself ain't under any agency. Some of us prefers the freedom of what we can write, what type of events and client we can get and less commitment.
So got agency means more famous? Better readership?
3. I wouldn't say are they more famous or are the free lance ones offering better reach but generally the major difference is that they have managers and company to market them and they are a little more main stream than us. We are pretty much like Indie bands or free lance show host equal in the entertainment industry. Some DnD show host are better than mediacorp show host as well but the difference is that contract.
All these agency bloggers all very diva and big fuck one right?
4. Maybe, I do not have an answer for this. I have friends with agency but they are all pretty nice people. I guess end of the day bloggers are still human. They might be some sort of a public figure but that doesn't means they have to be friendly to everyone. They are bloggers, they are not role models, they ain't suppose to teach your son to be a better person.
So this whole saga, they really lie and cheat? Who is correct?
5. To me it doesn't matter and it is already kinda an old news to me. In fact numbers are just numbers. To me, it is common for startup to boost their numbers to get more attention and more investor. I am not saying anyone of them (in this saga) did but it is not unusual. Blog stats? Blog counters? I am not the biggest digital data analyst here but from my experience numbers do differs from platform to platform. google analytics, blogger backend, gushcloud plugin (i've tried that for awhile out of curiosity), and some other trackers as well as sites such as Alexa that gives you an overview of the site ranks. These numbers are pretty fluid due to the difference in the way they keep track. There's a very in dept way of explaining but I am too lazy to explain in details but in summary, these numbers defers and activities makes a big difference. On days that I do not blog I can get 600 clicks a day but on days that I do I can get around 1k-2k a day and my highest record on a post was 40,000 clicks over 24hrs and for that month my click was close to 80k (i think). Not the most or the best in the industry but I'm surprised and happy that I actually have so many people clicking my post.
I don't get all these actually. Just write and be happy.